USMCA: Automotive Webinar
Half-Day Session — 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Central Time
Certificate Issued Upon Completion.
The United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA) has changed the rules for the automotive industry by including upgraded rules of origin for automobiles and automotive parts that promote reshoring of vehicle and parts production and incentivize new investments in the U.S. automotive sector. These include:
- Increased Regional Value Content (RVC) requirements;
- New requirements for vehicle producers’ procurement of North American-sourced steel and aluminum;
- Eliminating loopholes that undermine RVC thresholds;
- Introducing a first-of-its-kind Labor Value Content (LVC) rule; and
- Reducing the administrative burden on vehicle and parts producers.
This half-day webinar explains these changes and requirements, documentation and qualification procedures for your automotive products.
You will receive a PDF of the full PowerPoint used in the webinar.
Webinar refund policy. IBT will issue a complete refund if you cancel 30 or more days before the webinar date. No refunds are given for cancellations received within 30 days of the webinar. Cancellations received less than 30 days before the webinar are subject to a $125 transfer fee. Once the fee is paid, you may transfer to another class date within one full year. In fairness to all attendees, confirmed attendees who do not attend their scheduled webinar are liable for the entire fee. You may send a substitute if you are not able to attend at the last minute at no charge.
IBT shall not be responsible for cancellation or delay in providing training services resulting from causes beyond its reasonable control, including, but not limited to: acts of God; strikes or other labor disturbances; equipment failure; delays in transportation; war; acts of terrorism; riot; epidemics; disease; national or regional emergency; government order; floods; fires; unusually severe weather conditions; accidents; or other contingencies the non-occurrence of which was a basic assumption on which the purchase of the training event(s) was made.
WHEN CHECKING OUT, PLEASE PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION ABOUT THE WEBINAR ATTENDEE IN THE "NOTE TO SELLER" BOX:
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Company Name & Address
A WEBCAM IS REQUIRED FOR WEBINAR PARTICIPATION.
I. SUMMARY REVIEW
• USMCA Terms and Definitions (Automotive)
• Responsible Parties
II. QUALIFYING RESOURCES/PARTY LINES
• Title 19 CFR 181 • HTSUS
• Bill of Material
III. DETERMINING ORIGIN
• Tariff Shift
• RVC (Net Cost Method, Transaction Value Method)
• De Minimis
IV. AUDIT TRIGGERS
• Understanding the Preference Criteria Option
V. RULES OF ORIGIN (GENERAL NOTE 12, HTSUS)
• Traced Value for Automotive Purposes
• Completing the USMCA Form (Common Errors/Omissions)
• Supporting Documentation
VII. MARKING AND LABELING FOR AUTOMOTIVE
• Country of Origin Marking
• AALA Compliance and Contents
VIII. VERIFICATION AND RECORD KEEPING