Export to Canada Webinar
Half-Day Session — 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Central Time
Certificate Issued Upon Completion.
While Canada may be the United States' top export market, that doesn't mean there aren't challenges for these exports. This half-day Export to Canada webinar provides tips on exporting to and doing business with Canada.
Learn both the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) requirements to export to Canada and the Canadian customs requirements including procedures, documentation requirements, and the Canadian customs clearance process.
Prior to the webinar you'll receive a free reference book that will benefit you far past the course. Webinar registrations received less than 5 business days prior to the class date will receive an eBook for the class or pay for expedited shipping (provide FedEx account number).
Webinar refund policy. IBT will issue a complete refund if you cancel 30 or more days before the webinar date. No refunds are given for cancellations received within 30 days of the webinar. Cancellations received less than 30 days before the webinar are subject to a $125 transfer fee. Once the fee is paid, you may transfer to another class date within one full year. In fairness to all attendees, confirmed attendees who do not attend their scheduled webinar are liable for the entire fee. You may send a substitute if you are not able to attend at the last minute at no charge.
IBT shall not be responsible for cancellation or delay in providing training services resulting from causes beyond its reasonable control, including, but not limited to: acts of God; strikes or other labor disturbances; equipment failure; delays in transportation; war; acts of terrorism; riot; epidemics; disease; national or regional emergency; government order; floods; fires; unusually severe weather conditions; accidents; or other contingencies the non-occurrence of which was a basic assumption on which the purchase of the training event(s) was made.
WHEN CHECKING OUT, PLEASE PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION ABOUT THE WEBINAR ATTENDEE IN THE "NOTE TO SELLER" BOX:
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Company Name & Address
A WEBCAM IS REQUIRED FOR WEBINAR PARTICIPATION.
I. DOING BUSINESS IN CANADA, EH?
• Oh Canada! Geography & Government
• Built It: Legal Structures for Doing Business in Canada
• International Trade: the Lifeblood of the Canadian Economy
II. TO MARKET, TO MARKET
• Distribution and Sales Channels
• Establishing a Presence in Canada & Becoming a Non-Resident Importer
• Making the Sale
• Sales Channels
• Intellectual Property Rights & Certifying Your Products
III. POLICERS, PGAs, PARTNERS AND PROVIDERS• CBSA & PGAs
• Customs Brokers & Couriers
• Freight Forwarders & 3PLs
• Carrier Selection & Primary Truck Border Crossings
IV. EXPANDING YOUR MARKETS: LEAVING THE U.S
• Products — Places — People
• Export Documentation, Reporting the Export & U.S. Recordkeeping
• Canada and the U.S.: Foreign Relations
V. CANADIAN IMPORT PROCEDURES
• Reporting, Releasing & Accounting for your Shipment
• Classification, Country of Origin, Valuation Protocol, & Value for Duty
• Canadian Recordkeeping
VI. SPECIAL IMPORT CONSIDERATIONS AND DUTY REDUCTION PROGRAMS
• Casual vs Commercial Shipments
• Courier Shipments — Mail Imports — Low Value Shipments (LVS)
• Antidumping & Countervailing Duties
• Duty Drawback & Duty Relief
• Canadian Duty and Tax Exemptions for Returns, Samples and Exhibits
VII. CUSMA AND OTHER FREE TRADE AGREEMENTS
• CUSMA Rules of Origin, Certificate of Origin & Recordkeeping
• Measures and Countermeasures
• Other Free Trade Agreements
VIII. CBSA Enforcement
• Verification, aka Audit
• CUSMA Verification
• AMPS: Administrative Monetary Penalty System
IX. OTHER PROGRAMS
• Single Window Initiative (SWI)
• CBSA Automated Systems
• Customs Self-Assessment (CSA)