Export to Mexico Webinar
Half-Day Session — 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Central Time
Certificate Issued Upon Completion.
While Mexico borders the United States, exporting to Mexico from the U.S. can be a challenge due to different business requirements, cultural differences and customs procedures.
This half-day Export to Mexico webinar helps organizations understand the legal trade requirements of doing business in Mexico and and provides an opportunity to focus on establishing/updating operations and establish internal procedures that will enable companies to practice a level of reasonable care required by the U.S. and Mexican governments.
Prior to the webinar you'll receive a free reference book that will benefit you far past the course. Webinar registrations received less than 5 business days prior to the class date will receive an eBook for the class or pay for expedited shipping (provide FedEx account number).
Webinar refund policy. IBT will issue a complete refund if you cancel 30 or more days before the webinar date. No refunds are given for cancellations received within 30 days of the webinar. Cancellations received less than 30 days before the webinar are subject to a $125 transfer fee. Once the fee is paid, you may transfer to another class date within one full year. In fairness to all attendees, confirmed attendees who do not attend their scheduled webinar are liable for the entire fee. You may send a substitute if you are not able to attend at the last minute at no charge.
IBT shall not be responsible for cancellation or delay in providing training services resulting from causes beyond its reasonable control, including, but not limited to: acts of God; strikes or other labor disturbances; equipment failure; delays in transportation; war; acts of terrorism; riot; epidemics; disease; national or regional emergency; government order; floods; fires; unusually severe weather conditions; accidents; or other contingencies the non-occurrence of which was a basic assumption on which the purchase of the training event(s) was made.
WHEN CHECKING OUT, PLEASE PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION ABOUT THE WEBINAR ATTENDEE IN THE "NOTE TO SELLER" BOX:
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Company Name & Address
A WEBCAM IS REQUIRED FOR WEBINAR PARTICIPATION.
I. AN OVERVIEW OF MEXICO
• Government & Economy
• Trade with Mexico
• Mexican Business Culture
II. LEAVING THE UNITED STATES
• Export Documentation & Procedures
• Carrier Selection/Cross-Border Trucking
• Suggestion to Exporters
III. ENTERING MEXICO
• Mexico’s General Customs Administration
• Mexican Customs Broker
• Requirements to Import into Mexico (Import documentation – Pedimento.)
• Mexico Customs Regimes (Types of Entries)
IV. MEXICO TARIFF SCHEDULE
• Harmonized Commodity Description and Coding Systems (HS)
• Mexico Tariff Schedule
• Tariffs, Taxes and Customs Fees
• Anti-dumping and Countervailing Duties
• NAFTA & Other Free Trade Agreements
• The Big Three-in-One
V. NON-TARIFF REGULATIONS & RESTRICTIONS
• Import Certificates & Permits
• Mexican Standards – Mandatory and Voluntary
• Labeling and Marking
VI. TRADE PROMOTIONS & INITIATIVES
• Maquiladora/IMMEX Program
• Ventanilla Unica
• Authorized Economic Operator (AEO)
VII. LEAVING MEXICO
• Exporting from Mexico
• Registering your Business
• Shipping Goods
• Export Recordkeeping
• Carrier Selection & Crossing the Border
VIII. INFORMATION RESOURCES
• Brokers U.S./Mexico Border
• U.S. and Mexican Border Organizations
• International Trade Web Sites