International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) Webinar
Half-Day Session — 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Central Time
Certificate Issued Upon Completion.
While most items exported from the United States fall under the jurisdiction of the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), certain items fall under the jurisdiction of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) administered by the Directorate of Defense Trade Control (DDTC) under the U.S. State Department. And that includes more than just items that go BOOM!
This half-day International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR ) webinar provides you with the fundamentals of the ITAR including:
- Classifying your products under the United States Munitions List (USML) under ITAR;
- The requirements for registering with the State Department;
- ITAR technical data controls;
- ITAR licenses, compliance and enforcement;
- The transition of hardware and technical data from the USML to the Export Administration Regulations (EAR); and
- Regulation of brokering activities
You will receive a PDF of the full PowerPoint used in the webinar.
Webinar refund policy. IBT will issue a complete refund if you cancel 30 or more days before the webinar date. No refunds are given for cancellations received within 30 days of the webinar. Cancellations received less than 30 days before the webinar are subject to a $125 transfer fee. Once the fee is paid, you may transfer to another class date within one full year. In fairness to all attendees, confirmed attendees who do not attend their scheduled webinar are liable for the entire fee. You may send a substitute if you are not able to attend at the last minute at no charge.
IBT shall not be responsible for cancellation or delay in providing training services resulting from causes beyond its reasonable control, including, but not limited to: acts of God; strikes or other labor disturbances; equipment failure; delays in transportation; war; acts of terrorism; riot; epidemics; disease; national or regional emergency; government order; floods; fires; unusually severe weather conditions; accidents; or other contingencies the non-occurrence of which was a basic assumption on which the purchase of the training event(s) was made.
WHEN CHECKING OUT, PLEASE PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION ABOUT THE WEBINAR ATTENDEE IN THE "NOTE TO SELLER" BOX:
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Company Name & Address
A WEBCAM IS REQUIRED FOR WEBINAR PARTICIPATION.
I. THE INTERNATIONAL TRAFFIC IN ARMS REGULATIONS AND UNITED STATES MUNITIONS LIST
• Introduction to Regulatory Structure and Administration
• USML Coverage
• Structure of the USML
• Classification Issues (e.g., “Specially Designed” and other Criteria for Coverage)
• Export Control Reform Changes and Removal of Items to the Export Administration Regulations
• Commodity Jurisdiction Process
II. REGISTRATION WITH THE STATE DEPARTMENT
• Who is Required to Register?
• Registration Process
• Reporting Political Contributions
III. ITAR TECHNICAL DATA CONTROLS
• Definition of Technical Data and Information Excluded from Coverage
• Restrictions on Technical Data Exports
IV. ITAR Licenses
• DSP-5 Licenses
• License Exceptions
V. COMPLIANCE AND ENFORCEMENT (COMBINE WITH EAR DISCUSSION)
• Compliance Requirements
• Technology Control Plans
• Penalties for Violations
VI. REGULATION OF BROKERING ACTIVITIES
• Registration Requirements
• License Requirements