Importing 201 Webinar
Full-Day Session — 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Central Time
Certificate Issued Upon Completion.
Your company may know how to import goods into the U.S., but the process is rarely smooth. You repeatedly experience the same old errors and delays at the border, and the specter of a Customs audit or other Customs enforcement is looming on the horizon.
Or maybe your company has a good handle on the import process, but for one reason or another, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) has designated you for an audit. What should you do to prepare to withstand the scrutiny of CBP, regardless of the audit or enforcement form they use?
If you take this webinar, you will learn:
- Legal requirement for compliance.
- Types of CBP audits and enforcement.
- How to respond to CBP audit inquiries.
- How to prepare your company for regulatory enforcement.
- How to create an import policy and procedures manual.
This webinar is exactly the same as the seminar except that you watch on your computer rather than sitting in the same room as the instructor. There is still ample time to ask questions. Small class sizes and a knowledgeable teacher allow for a great interaction between attendees and the instructor.
Prior to the webinar you'll receive a copy of the U.S. Import Audit Preparation—Strategies & Techniques for Withstanding a U.S. Import Compliance Audit workbook to help meet the day-to-day responsibilities and legal requirements of your job.
Webinar refund policy. IBT will issue a complete refund if you cancel 30 or more days before the webinar date. No refunds are given for cancellations received within 30 days of the webinar. Cancellations received less than 30 days before the webinar are subject to a $125 transfer fee. Once the fee is paid, you may transfer to another class date within one full year. In fairness to all attendees, confirmed attendees who do not attend their scheduled webinar are liable for the entire fee. You may send a substitute if you are not able to attend at the last minute at no charge.
WHEN CHECKING OUT, PLEASE PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION ABOUT THE WEBINAR ATTENDEE IN THE "NOTE TO SELLER" BOX:
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Company Name & Address
A WEBCAM IS REQUIRED FOR WEBINAR PARTICIPATION.
I. THE LEGAL REQUIREMENT FOR COMPLIANCE
II. THE TYPES OF CBP AUDITS AND ENFORCEMENT
2. Supply chain security reviews
3. Audit questionnaires
4. Focused Assessment
5. Other techniques (e.g. 2016-2017 threatening informed compliance letters)
III. RESPONDING TO CBP AUDIT INQUIRIES WITH A FOCUS ON THE FA
IV. LONG BEFORE THE AUDIT: PREPARING YOUR COMPANY FOR REGULATORY ENFORCEMENT. PRACTICAL TECHNIQUES & SOLUTIONS
2. Risk Assessment
3. Control Activities
4. Information and Communication
2. Policies and procedures
3. Record keeping techniques
4. Managing the tactical - Value, HTS, C/O, duty (a review of basic importing)
6. Controlling business partners - vendors, forwarders, brokers, carriers
7. Building an internal compliance team
8. Building an external compliance team - brokers, consultants attorneys, trade organizations
9. Measuring your success
V. TRUSTED TRADER / ISA
VI. POLICY AND PROCEDURE MANUAL