If you take this seminar,
you will learn how to:
- Negotiate a profitable sales contract with your
- Select the proper Incoterms for your company.
- Properly classify your products.
- Make sure you get paid in a timely fashion.
- Prepare the proper export documents.
- Comply with current U.S. export regulations.
Full-Day Session - 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
$545 - View
Certificate Issued Upon Completion.
It's the "little details" that will determine whether or not you make money on
your exports. Negotiate the right sales contract, choose the right Incoterms,
and generate the right letter of credit and every export shipment will add money
to your company's bottom line. Mess up and you could anger your customers, violate
export regulations, and lose money on every shipment.
This popular one-day seminar teaches you about all those "little details" and
helps you become an invaluable resource for your company. Come to this
one-day seminar armed with your questions. Small
class sizes and a knowledgeable teacher allow for
a great interaction between attendees and the instructor.
Attend this seminar
and you'll take home the 400-page Export
Regulations, Documentation and Procedures reference manual to assist you
every day on the job.
I. NEGOTIATING YOUR CONTRACT AND MEETING ITS TERMS
- Contract - Offer - Acceptance
- Contract Terms under U.S. Law
compared to the Vienna Convention (UN Convention on Contracts for International
Sale of Goods)
- Determining Your Price
II. INCOTERMS 2000: PRODUCT TRANSPORTATION AND RISK OF LOSS
- What They Mean and How to Choose an Incoterm
III. SELECTION OF HARMONIZED SYSTEM NUMBER AND TARIFF CONSIDERATION
- Choosing a Schedule B Number
- Considerations to Reduce Your Foreign Purchaser's Tariff Liability
(and Help You Get a Price Advantage)
- Dispute Resolution
- Other Contract Considerations
IV. TRANSPORTING YOUR PRODUCTS
- Freight Forwarders
- Ocean Carriers and Shipping Rates
- Air Carriers and Shipping Rates
- Surface (Truck and Rail)
V. FORMS OF PAYMENT
- Letters of Credit Pertaining to Your Export Documents
- Other Terms of Payment
VI. DOCUMENTATION FOR YOUR EXPORT SALE
- Commercial Documents
- Commercial Invoice
- Packing List
- Air Waybill
- Dock Receipt, Warehouse Receipt
- Bills of Lading (Inland and Ocean)
- Insurance Certificate
- Shipper's Letter of Instructions (SLI)
- Documents for Foreign Customs Clearance
- Certificates of Origin
- Consular Invoice, Customs Invoice
VII. UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT EXPORT REGULATIONS
- Export Administration Regulations
- Destination Control Statement
- Shipper's Export Declaration & Automated Export System
- Export License Applications and Record Keeping
- Antiboycott Regulations and Documentation
- Controls Administered by the State Department and Other Agencies
VIII. GOVERNMENT SECURITY INITIATIVES